Nearly all companies want to get better, one way of getting better is a raise the maturity of their business processes. I have been a MOM consultancy for over 20 years and nearly ever business I work with want standardised processes but they really struggle to achieve this, especially on a global scale.
So what are the benefits?
- Less complexity means fewer problems.
- Helps streamline with team handovers.
- A good process is self explaining and aids learning.
- Captures and share knowledge from key individuals.
- Information is up to date.
- Information is delivered to the right person at the right time.
- Makes for a better working environment and enhances the companies image.
So why don't more companies do it? Because change or transformation is difficult. It requires the business to focus on raising its maturity:
- Adhoc Processes
- Local Processes
- Standard Processes
- Standard Non-conformance Process
- Continuous Improvement
This requires the business to focus on the goal, to work as a team, and to stop repeating the same partners that haven't worked in the past.